Thursday, April 5, 2012

What's happening with the Weldons!?

Wow! If you read my last post then you learned that life with the Weldons is crazy! We have been packing up our home in TN and preparing our home in KY. Our first day in our new home in Louisville is April 7th. Kevin's first Sunday at our new church is Easter! Over the past 4 weeks we have been saying our goodbyes to our family and friends and tying up lose ends with our relocation. Our last day at Gum Springs was March 25. Kevin has served at this church for over 9 years and I have been there for the past 7 years we have been married. There were some laughs and a few tears as we listened to the testimonies of 5 dear friends. I started at Gum Springs when I was 19 years old. Now, I am 27. The people of this church have wrapped their arms around us in our joy and in our pain. When I started at Gum Springs I was a teenager who was engaged to their youth pastor. They welcomed me with open arms and the Godly women of this church showed me how to be a woman of character, wisdom, and peace. These women taught me how to be a wife and mother. Honestly, I probably wouldn't know how to cook one thing if they wouldn't have sat down with me and taught me. One particular lovely lady would sit with me and give me recipes. She would go through every single step and she would encourage me to try new things! I am forever grateful for her grace and patience with me! They showed me Godly parenting, marriage, and unshakeable faith. I am a better woman because of the time these people invested in my husband and I. Thank you to Gum Springs for your kindness and your faithfulness to the Lord. This is the church where Kevin and I learned to be adults and we praise the Lord for such a wonderful church family! We pray the Lord's blessing on Gum Springs and we are so excited at what the Lord has next! He is working! He has made us excited to minister in Louisville with so many more wonderful and Godly men and women! 

Some of the students that have been part of our youth ministry at Gum Springs.
We had fun laughing and hanging out at lunch!
 



WHERE WE ARE IN OUR ADOPTION PROCESS:

RELOCATING TO ANOTHER STATE WILL NOT AFFECT OUR WAIT FOR A REFERRAL. WE WILL NEED TO UPDATE OUR HOME STUDY AND WE HAVE AN AGENCY THAT WILL COMPLETE OUR UPDATE AS SOON AS WE GET SETTLED IN OUR NEW HOME. OUR WAIT TIME IS APPROXIMATELY 5-11 MONTHS FOR A REFERRAL. KEEP PRAYING THAT GOD WILL PROTECT OUR BABY AND THAT OUR PAPERWORK WOULD FIND HIS FAVOR AS IT IS IN AFRICA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment