Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Greatness of God’s Love

“By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers. But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.” 1 John 3:16-18

It’s almost Valentine’s Day and I have been thinking about the people in my life that I love! I love my husband, my family, my friends, my church, my child in Africa, but most of all I love the Lord. Each day the Lord is showing me His love and grace and peace through this adoption process. I am so blessed that God has chosen my husband and I to experience the joy of building our family through adoption. 1 John 3:16-18 hit me like a ton of bricks. I experience real Love because Christ laid down His life for me. It also says “if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?” I hope and pray that I would be the Christ follower that uses the resources and love God has given me to help my brothers who are in need. Verse 18 tells me that I show Love by ACTION! Kevin and I truly believe that our adoption is one of the ways that God has called us to show love by Action. Not everyone is called to adopt a child but everyone IS called to love “in deed and in truth.” We pray that God’s blessings and love would flow through you as you walk through life. Show God’s love today. Jesus is worth our time, energy, and lives!


Think about the ways that you can demonstrate Christ's love to others today.

WHERE WE ARE IN THE ADOPTION PROCESS:
WE RECEIVED WORD ON FEBRUARY 7TH THAT OUR PAPERWORK IS GOING THROUGH THE LAST CERTIFICATION STAGE IN WASHINGTON D.C. PROCESSING TIME IN D.C. IS 1-2 WEEKS. ONCE OUR AGENCY RECEIVES EVERYTHING BACK FROM D.C. THEN THEY WILL SEND OUR DOSSIER TO THE CONGO AND THE IN-COUNTRY STAFF WILL BEGIN WORKING ON MATCHING US WITH OUR CHILD! WE DESPERATELY DESIRE TO BRING OUR CHILD HOME SO PRAY FOR QUICK REFERRAL TIMES! PRAY THAT GOD WOULD PROVIDE THE FINANCES. PRAY THAT GOD PROTECTS OUR CHILD FROM DISEASE, HARM, AND HUNGER.

2 comments:

  1. I love you Deb!!!!!! You KNOW my heart for these children and for YOU!!! I am so overjoyed I cannot speak the words!!!! I cannot wait to meet baby Weldon!!!! I am so so so thrilled for you and Kev!!! I wish I had known about this blog sooner!!! Please let me know if there is anything I can do!!!! I love you my sister and friend!!!!! God bless you!!!!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen! I love you too! Thank you for your encouragement! We share a deep love and affection for these beautiful African babes! :) I am praying for your mission trip! :) I will help you in any way I can! Sign up to follow my blog by email so you will be notified when I post new information! :)
      Deb

      Delete