Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Beauty of God's Love

Galatians 4:4-7

But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!” So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God.

Wow, when I read this passage today it absolutely pierced my heart! Kevin and I have been so blessed by experiencing the heart of God through our adoption. Our relationship with God will never be the same now that we’ve tasted and seen His beauty through our adoption journey. We know that with any adoption there are going to be times of waiting and waiting and more waiting. Now that we are at the beginning of the referral process I get anxious because I don’t know how long it will be before we can travel to Africa to scoop up or child in our arms and call them son or daughter. This scripture is so beautiful because it says “when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son” and it reminds me of God’s absolute perfect timing. God knew the perfect time to send our Savior to rescue us. Jesus came “so that we might receive adoption as sons.” God has known the right time for us to receive our much awaited child. At the right time, we will rescue a Congolese orphan and they will become part of our family. God’s Word also says that ‘because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba, Father”’. HE is my Father and I am HIS daughter!! I can call out to Him and I am “an heir through God.” I am rescued and adopted and I am a child of the Living God! We love our child in Africa so deeply. I cannot imagine what our lives would be like if we would have never stepped out on faith to pursue adoption. The beauty and peace we have experienced leaves me speechless and fills my heart with joy. Pray for a speedy referral and continued financial support!


P.S. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR ALL THE GIVE 1 SAVE 1 VISITORS AND SUPPORTERS! WE ARE ABSOLUTELY BLOWN AWAY AT HOW GIVING EVERYONE HAS BEEN! PLEASE CONTINUE TO HELP US SPREAD THE WORD TO DONATE $1. 

No comments:

Post a Comment